If anyone is still interested in my blog, thank you. I have been inactive for many, many months as I have decided I want to change directions with my blog. I will still feature outfit posts, but not very often at all. I have a few DIY's coming up too, so those haven't gone away completely either.
Mainly, I will be focusing on the 'beauty' and 'lifestyle' side of things. This will include hauls, tutorials, and tips directly from moi. As for the beauty, I try my hardest to live an ethical lifestyle as I have been a vegetarian (which, from time to time I have to give up due to health issues), and only buy cosmetics and the like from ethical, cruelty free companies.
Hopefully this attempt will be more successful than my last, and if anyone is still reading this- thank you. <3
Wednesday, 26 June 2013
Not really in the mood for creative titles at the moment.
Hey guys!It's been forever since my last post and I don't really even have much to show you today. My life right now is pretty meh...I've been taking an SAT class that is sucking up the first weeks of my summer like a large boring sponge. I managed to get a few quick pictures of what I was wearing before I ran out the door because I was running late...really late. Oh well...
My outfits have been really boring lately (and for the last two days I barely made it out of pjs...)
Anyways, this is what I wore today:
I think the skirt's actually kinda cute. The hem at the bottom always bothered me so I cut it off...I like it so much better this way.
It's pretty sad that my socks are the most interesting thing about my outfit. They are realllly cute though. I wish I could have worn my birthday-cat ones, but I had just taken those off because I slept in them..oh well.
Sunday, 9 June 2013
How have you been? Personally, I'm a little sad for personal reasons. I don't even know why I brought it up.
So this past week has been a blur- I don't even know why we're in school. I have been mildly productive this weekend (not really).
Yesterday I made my boyfriend a felt plushie version of Pusheen the cat...I think it actually turned out pretty well, hm?
Also I turned one of my lush lip tints into a stick balm because I've always thought that it's super unhygienic to keep putting your (presumably not sterile) finger in the tin all the time. It was super messy and I will probably not attempt this again...
These were the supplies I started off with...the result was a little too grisly to post. I'll still use it though, I guess.
I have one last piece of news, which is that I now have a tumblr. I still prefer Pinterest to tumblr, even though I had one about a year ago, but deleted it because I got super bored.That will probably happen with this one too, but oh well... If you by any chance are interested, this is the link.
Anyways guys, I hope you're feeling much happier than I am.
Hope you guys enjoyed. :)
Saturday, 25 May 2013
I think that everyone should have a favorite sweater...I bought mine in the 7th grade *gasps*. This was the time period in which I had side bangs (which do NOT suit me) and heavy, heavy eyeliner...thankfully I outgrew this. :P
The really only thing Ive kept from that time is this sweater, which by now is all old and kinda slumpy, but I really love it. I even cut thumb holes in my sweater so I could wear it over m hands in the winter of the 8th grade.....don't judge, I was freezing.
While I do not live in a place that is cold AT ALL anymore, I went to the movie today with my friend and the theaters are always so cold so I thought it was the perfect occasion to break out one of my (many, many) sweaters.
So...here it is!
I think it's pretty cute paired with a short skirt...hopefully it didn't come off trashy at all....
I love how big it is...
See, thumb holes! Glorious...
Sunday, 19 May 2013
It's been such a boring weekend for me, so I've finally been able to do some sewing. I bought a dress that I LOVED back in October of 2011, but long story short, it ended up unfortunately shrinking the chest of the dress so much there was major tugging and the occasional button popping. One instance, my friend let me walk around a public place with my shirt popped open and did not tell me...no fun.
So yesterday night and today, I cut up the dress and sewed it into a skirt, which was suuuper easy. All I had to do was add elastic and BAM. lol. It turned out kind of short, but that's just because I got a little overzealous with the hemming. (I ended up hemming twice- I forgot to put the elastic in the first go around T.T) Anyways, I think it turned out cute.
I started with this dress:
I think it turned out pretty well...
I started with this dress:
I think it turned out pretty well...
Wednesday, 1 May 2013
It's May....the last full month of the school year. Since I've been an adamant school-hater since the 1st grade (In fact, I hated school so much I would hide behind stuff in our living room. My plan sort of backfired as instead of letting me stay home from school because of this, all my mom did was drag me out from behind a potted plant by my ankles. A plant...great hiding place, right? Not so much.) Aaanyways, sorry for rambling. So, as summer is fast approaching...well two months away...I am starting to put a list together of all of the things I want to buy over the summer when I visit my mom's family. (Which is super duper exciting because I haven't seen my aunts/uncles/grandpa in over a year.) Anyways, this is a list of (most) the things I will be willing to splurge on to make my life a little bit more colorful for the next year
So basically if you want the thingy that tells you where everything is from, it's down at the bottom of the post. Anyways, I guess I'll explain in greater detail about the things in the wishlist!
- Shoes by Swedish Hasbeens...These are just too awesome for words. I love the vintage and kinda different feel to these, not to mention that they are made of VEGETABLE LEATHER......These are so amazing and it is so hard to find a pretty clog that is not made with leather. The only downside is that these are très chere...
- Skirt with crop toppy thing. Okay, I don't really know the name for this, but I think they're actually adorable. I love the vintage one in blue! It's so cute. I need something like this.
- Makeup. I can never really have enough although I don't use much in my daily life. I generally buy makeup from smaller, definitely cruelty-free makeup brands online like Medusa's makeup and Limecrime. I love Limecrime.
- Everyday dresses. I'm not so much of a shorts/pants kind of girl...what can I say. Skirts and dresses are my staples and I always need more.
- Let's not forget books here in this mostly fashion related post! I always order a f*ck ton of books off of amazon...It's just my thing. Also I would like to buy a copy of Ghost World by Daniel Clowes. I really want to read the graphic novel after falling in love with the movie, so I can only imagine how good the graphic novel is ('Cause the book is ALWAYS better....it's a fact.)
- Hair clips. I love how cutesy and whimsical these are. These are super cheap and look super amazing on Tavi Geveinson in this picture. But then again, when DOESN"T Tavi look amazing.
- Vegan Docs! I had a pair of Docs ages ago, but unfortunately they were lost in the process of moving ( :'( ) These are super cool, I love how they look when worn with a cutesy dress to kind of off-set the cutesy-ness? And these are vegan too. Woot.
- New Headphones! Maybe if I have headphones instead of earbuds I wont rip them to shreds as easily...I really want a cute vintage inspired pair like these.
- Red tights...I love the way these look! I'm so late on this trend-ish thing, but I just think these are too adorable not to buy. And hopefully I can find some like these at Targé for cheap.
- Cute socks! I can never have enough....
- More jewelry, especially necklaces.
- Vegan leather bags...I have two, but one's too fancy and the other is lost. Hmph. I've been stuck carrying around a small canvas backpack for months.
- Vegan loafers.
- Black hair dye. Preferably permanent. I am planning on dying my hair black rather soon-ish. I'm super excited.
Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed! BTW, here's the thingy down below.
Yumi , $69 / Oasis skater dress, $69 / Sugarhill Boutique vintage tea dress, $43 / SALE - arsenic grey and antique white two-piece outfit - corolla skirt... / Jumpsuits and romper / River Island lace ankle socks, $6.14 / Patterned hosiery, $3.05 / Charlotte Olympia platform high heel pumps / Swedish Hasbeens platform shoes / Swedish Hasbeens evening shoes, $235 / Charlotte Russe mocassin shoes / 7 Chi coin purse / Melie Bianco , $115 / Mood jewelry, $9.21 / KENNETH JAY LANE red necklace, $125 / Tech accessory / Vegan 1460 / Medusa's Makeup waterproof mascara / Manic Panic / PLUM WINE Book Decor, Decorative Books, Interior Design, Book... / Ghost World Signed First Edition by Daniel Clowes on Royal Books / 6 Pack Heart Hair Clips Girls George at Asda, $3.84
Monday, 22 April 2013
As of last Friday night at 3:30 I am done with exams forever. Or at least until next year. Anyways, to relax a little bit, my friend and I went shopping. While the day had a minor incident involving a rather elusive thrift store it was overall awesome and I managed to buy a lot of cool stuff...including another lush face mask...I'm addicted.
Anyways, this is what I wore.
Sorry I only had two (kinda crappy) photos. I was super rushed when taking these pictures because I was running late...heh. Anyways, I picked up this awesome shirt (which is actually a tunic, just tucked in) at a music festival I went to last year. I wore this along with black cable knit socks and white oxfords, and surprisingly only one or two people actually stared at my shirt. I don't really know whether that makes me happy or not.
Anyways, now I'm rambling, so I will go!
Post soon! <3